Like many young boys, Rolf Helbig carried a pocket knife. In 1977 when he started his first job, helping his father in the kitchen, his chef knife was the most important tool. At that time knife steels were changing, and by doing a little research, Rolf found metallurgy to be a very interesting field, and he learned a knife is not just a knife.
He came up with the designs for the Foosa and the Weasel because he wanted to return to a time when the knife was a simple, common sense cutting tool.
Rolf came up with the designs for the Foosa and the Weasel because he wanted to return to a time when the knife was a simple, common sense cutting tool. The Weasel uses a more modern handle design along with a similar classic blade type which is modest, ergonomic, and extraordinary functional. It is a clean and sleek design by Rolf Helbig with a non-locking double detent slip joint mechanism. Model T2020T3 is built with a blackened 154CM tanto style blade and carbon fiber handle. The 154CM blade provides a reliable edge that delivers solid cutting performance in outdoor and urban environments alike. The Ball Bearing system provides smooth opening.
- Dependable 154CM tanto style blade steel provides a tough blade with excellent edge retention.
- Ergonomic carbon fiber handle for a smooth gripping surface that is comfortable in the pocket or hand.
- Ceramic ball bearing offers smooth flip opening
- Non-locking double detent slip joint mechanism.
- Handle Material: Twill Carbon Fiber
- Blade Material: 154CM
- Blade Style: Tanto
- Blade Finish: Blackened
- Blade Grind: Flat
- Edge Grind: Plain Edge
- Blade Length: 3″
- Blade Thickness: 0.11″ (3 mm)
- Overall Length: 7.29″ (179 mm)
- Closed Length: 4.28″
- Overall Weight: 3.14 oz.
- Opening Mechanism: Roller Flipper
- Locking Mechanism: Slipjoint – Non-Locking
- Designer: Rolf Helbig
- Country of Origin: China