Spyderco’s Police Model was developed in the early 1980’s in response to requests from law enforcement officers who wanted a slim, easy-to-carry folder capable of serious cutting performance. The result was the Police Model—one of the most enduring and iconic folding knives ever produced.
The classic version of the Police Model features a satin-finished stainless steel handle with chamfered edges for maximum comfort during use. This handle construction provides substantial heft and a solid foundation for the knife’s sturdy back lock mechanism, which features a Boye Dent to prevent unintentional lock release during use. Its blade is hollow ground from VG-10 stainless steel blade has a dramatic swedge (unsharpened bevel) for acute point geometry.
Available with a PlainEdge™, SpyderEdge™, or CombinationEdge™, the Police Model’s blade also includes our Trademark Round Hole™ for swift, reliable, one-handed opening. A four-position hourglass clip completes the package, supporting tip-up or tip-down carry on both sides of the body and making the carry, deployment, and operation of this remarkable knife completely ambidextrous.
- Handle Material: Stainless Steel
- Blade Material: VG-10
- Blade Grind: Hollow
- Edge Grind: SpyderEdge – Serrated
- Blade Thickness: 4.125″ (104mm)
- Blade Length: 4.125″ (104mm)
- Edge Length: 3.812″ (97mm)
- Closed Length: 5.313″ (135mm)
- Overall Length: 9.438″ (240mm)
- Overall Weight: 5.6 oz. (159g)
- Locking Mechanism: Back Lock
- Opening Mechanism: Spydie Hole
- Pocket Clip: 4-Way Positionable Hourglass Clip
- Designed by Sal Glesser
- Country of Origin: Japan