The original Manix 2 Lightweight was the Winner of Blade magazine’s prestigious Most Innovative American Design award. It combined the full-service cutting performance of the popular Manix 2 design with a revolutionary lightweight handle molded from tough FRCP (fiberglass reinforced co-polymer). This version of the Manix 2 Lightweight goes even further with a black FRCP handle and a non-reflective Diamond Like Carbon (DLC) coating on the blade.
Weighing in at a scant three ounces, it features a full-flat-ground CTS® BD1N stainless steel blade with Spyderco’s signature Trademark Round Hole™ for easy, ambidextrous, one-handed opening. Cloaked in its durable DLC coating, the blade is supported by a high-strength Ball Bearing Lock™ mechanism encased within a precision-machined steel insert in the handle. To ensure a secure grip in even the most demanding circumstances, the injection-molded FRCP handle has a high-traction Bi-Directional Texture™ pattern. Fully ambidextrous, this knife also sports a reversible wire clip that supports left or right-side tip-up carry.
- Handle Material: Black FRCP (Fiberglass Reinforced Co-Polymer)
- Blade Material: CTS-BD1N
- Blade Grind: Full-Flat
- Edge Grind: Plain Edge
- Blade Finish: DLC
- Blade Thickness: 0.125″ (3.2mm)
- Blade Length: 3.37″ (86mm)
- Edge Length: 2.88″ (73mm)
- Closed Length: 4.66″ (118mm)
- Overall Length: 8.03″ (204mm)
- Overall Weight: 3 oz.
- Locking Mechanism: Caged Ball Bearing Lock
- Opening Mechanism: Spydie Hole
- Pocket Clip: 2-Way Postionable Tip-Up Wire Clip
- Designer: Eric Glesser
- Made in Golden, CO USA
There are no reviews yet.