Spyderco has long been an industry leader in the use of exotic, high-performance blade steels. After years of using the best materials the world’s leading steel manufacturers could provide, we decided it was time to create our own.
In close cooperation with Crucible® Industries, we have developed CPM SPY27, a particle metallurgy stainless steel containing a proprietary mix of alloys, including vanadium, molybdenum, niobium, nitrogen, and cobalt. This remarkable composition, enhanced by the amplifying effects of cobalt and the state-of-the-art Crucible Particle Metallurgy process, is produced exclusively for Spyderco.
This elite expression of the Manix 2 Lightweight combines its weight-saving advantages, full-service cutting power, and the strength of the Ball Bearing Lock™ mechanism with the enhanced edge retention and corrosion resistance of CPM SPY27.
- Handle Material: Mineral Blue FRCP (Fiberglass Reinforced Co-Polymer)
- Blade Material: CPM SPY27
- Blade Grind: Full-Flat
- Edge Grind: Plain Edge
- Blade Finish: Satin
- Blade Thickness: 0.125″ (3.2mm)
- Blade Length: 3.37″ (86mm)
- Edge Length: 2.88″ (73mm)
- Closed Length: 4.66″ (118mm)
- Overall Length: 8.03″ (204mm)
- Overall Weight: 3 oz.
- Locking Mechanism: Caged Ball Bearing Lock
- Opening Mechanism: Spydie Hole
- Pocket Clip: 2-Way Positionable Tip-Up Wire Clip
- Designer: Eric Glesser
- Made in Golden, CO USA