Created as a tribute to our nation’s courageous firefighters, Spyderco’s “Thin Red Line” knives are distinctive expressions of our workhorse lightweight models. Their defining feature is their unique handle design, which showcases black fiberglass-reinforced-nylon (FRN) handle scales accented by a bright red lining and a matching red backspacer. This color theme symbolizes the “thin red line” first responders represent between the normalcy of our daily world and the chaos of life-threatening emergencies.
The VG-10 blade of this Endura 4 Lightweight also combines the enhanced edge geometry of a full-flat grind with the voracious cutting power of Spyderco serrations. To honor the selfless service of first responders, every blade is proudly laser engraved with the motto “Save and Serve.” All other features of these elite knives are consistent with the standard version of this model, including a reliable back lock mechanism, skeletonized stainless steel liners, four-position pocket clip, and Bi-Directional Texturing.
Spyderco will donate a portion of all sales of “Thin Red Line” knives to the Wildland Firefighter Foundation, which provides immediate financial and ongoing emotional support, advocacy, and recognition to fallen and injured wildland firefighters and their families.
- Handle Material: Black FRN (Fiberglass Reinforced Nylon)
- Backspacer Material: Red FRN (Fiberglass Reinforced Nylon)
- Blade Material: VG-10
- Blade Grind: Full-Flat
- Edge Grind: ComboEdge – Partially Serrated
- Blade Finish: Satin
- Blade Length: 3.80″ (97mm)
- Edge Length: 3.44″ (87mm)
- Overall Length: 8.78″ (223mm)
- Closed Length: 4.98″ (126mm)
- Weight: 3.3 oz. (94g)
- Locking Mechanism: Back Lock
- Opening Mechanism: Spydie Hole
- Pocket Clip: 4-Way Positionable Hourglass Clip
- Designed by Sal Glesser
- Made in Seki-City, Japan
There are no reviews yet.