Spyderco’s best-selling Para 3 folding knife distilled all the key qualities of their time-tested Para Military™ 2 model into an ultra-compact, carry-friendly format. Now this groundbreaking design takes another quantum leap forward by incorporating injection-molded fiberglass-reinforced-nylon (FRN) scales and a streamlined version of Spyderco’s patented Compression Lock™ mechanism to create the Para 3 Lightweight.
Almost 30 percent lighter than its G-10-handled counterparts, the Para 3 Lightweight boasts linerless, open-backed construction and Spyderco’s high-traction Bi-Directional Texture™ pattern for a secure grip. A stainless steel lock bar inset into the handle’s interior forms the foundation of its sturdy lock mechanism, while keeping the overall weight to an absolute minimum. The knife’s full-flat-ground blade is crafted from CTS® BD1N, a nitrogen-enriched high-carbon chromium steel that offers a superior balance of hardness, edge retention, and corrosion resistance.
The award-winning Para 3 Lightweight is rapidly redefining the state of the art in ultralight cutting tools. For tactical end users who prefer subdued blade finishes, this revolutionary design is now also available with a stealthy black Diamond-Like Carbon (DLC) coating.
Its PlainEdge™ blade is full-flat ground from CTS® BD1N stainless steel and supported by a streamlined version of Spyderco’s patented Compression Lock™ mechanism. To complement the blade’s finish, the screws and reversible deep-pocket carry clip on its injection-molded, fiberglass-reinforced-nylon (FRN) handle also sport a non-reflective black coating.
- Handle Material: Black FRN (Fiberglass Reinforced Nylon)
- Blade Material: CTS-BD1N
- Blade Grind: Full-Flat
- Edge Grind: Plain Edge
- Blade Finish: Black DLC (Diamond Like Coating)
- Blade Thickness: 0.145″ (3.7mm)
- Blade Length: 2.92″ (74mm)
- Edge Length: 2.58″ (66mm)
- Closed Length: 4.29″ (109mm)
- Overall Length: 7.21″ (183mm)
- Overall Weight: 2.4 oz. (68g)
- Lock Type: Compression Lock
- Opening Mechanism: Spydie Hole
- Pocket Clip: 2-Positon Tip-Up Wire Clip
- Designer: Sal Glesser, Eric Glesser
- Made in Golden, Colorado U.S.A
There are no reviews yet.