The Mantra 3 takes the proven style and functionality of Spyderco’s original Mantra design and expresses it in a practical, everyday carry format that combines a flipper-style opener with Spyderco’s patented Compression Lock™. The heart of the Mantra 3 design is its full-flat-ground, leaf-shaped blade, which is precision machined from CPM® S30V® particle metallurgy stainless steel. Engineered to open equally well with either its index-finger flipper or its fully accessible Trademark Round Hole™, the knife’s opening action is further enhanced by specially designed ball-bearing washers between the blade and the handle’s stout stainless steel liners.
In addition to providing structural strength for the handle, the liners also form the foundation of the Mantra 3’s high-strength Compression Lock™ mechanism. They are nested within handsome carbon fiber/G-10 laminate scales that have a subtle texture to ensure a positive grip. The butt end of each scale has machined recesses to accept a reversible deep-pocket wire clip, which offers a choice of discreet, left or right-side, tip-up carry.
- Handle Material: Carbon Fiber/ G-10 Laminate
- Blade Material: CPM-S30V
- Blade Grind: Full-Flat
- Edge Grind: Plain Edge
- Blade Finish: Satin
- Blade Thickness: 0.118″ (3.0mm)
- Blade Length: 3.24″ (82mm)
- Edge Length: 3.24″ (82mm)
- Closed Length: 4.17″ (106mm)
- Overall Length: 7.26″ (184mm)
- Overall Weight: 2.9 oz. (82g)
- Locking Mechanism: Compression Lock
- Opening Mechanism: Flipper Tab or Spydie Hole
- Designer: Eric Glesser
- Country of Origin: Taiwan
There are no reviews yet.