Designed from the ground up as a practical, versatile working knife, the Amalgam combines all the advantages of Spyderco’s patented Compression Lock™, a fully accessible Trademark Round Hole™, and a flipper opener into one synergistic package.
The brainchild of a Mechanical Engineering student and knife enthusiast named Brian Lai, the Amalgam features a broad, drop-point blade crafted from American-made CPM® S30V® stainless steel. The PlainEdge™ blade is full-flat ground for exceptional edge geometry and showcases a beautiful satin finish. It also rides on special low-friction ball-bearing washers that give it an incredibly smooth action and help ensure swift, positive, one-handed opening with either its index-finger flipper or its Round Hole. In the open position, the blade’s flipper also serves as a highly functional lower guard.
The Amalgam’s handle features skeletonized stainless steel liners nested into textured carbon fiber/G-10 laminate scales. This keeps the ergonomic handle slim and pocket friendly and complements its open-backed construction to minimize the knife’s overall weight and accentuate its balance. A four-position clip and lined lanyard hole support all possible carry preferences and allow the Amalgam to be brought into action quickly and positively with either hand.
- Handle Material: Carbon Fiber/ G-10 Laminate
- Blade Material: CPM-S30V
- Blade Grind: Full-Flat
- Edge Grind: Plain Edge
- Blade Finish: Satin
- Blade Thickness: 0.138″ (3.5mm)
- Blade Length: 3.80″ (97mm)
- Edge Length: 3.40″ (86mm)
- Closed Length: 5.10″ (130mm)
- Overall Length: 8.90″ (226mm)
- Overall Weight: 4.3 oz. (122g)
- Locking Mechanism: Compression Lock
- Opening Mechanism: Flipper Tab or Spydie Hole
- Pocket Clip: 4-Way Positionable Hourglass Clip
- Designer: Brian Lai
- Country of Origin: Taiwan