Veteran U.S. Marine and an avid outdoorsman Jonathan McNees has a lifetime of experience using knives in the field. When he combined that hard-won insight with his skills as a custom knifemaker, one of the results was his “Killer B” folding knife—an amazingly compact everyday-carry cutting tool and the inspiration for the Spyderco McBee.
Proof positive that function is a matter of design, not size, the McBee features a saber-ground Wharncliffe blade crafted from CTS® XHP stainless steel. Its uniquely scalloped spine creates a profile that offers both scalpel-like precision and impressive cutting power. Despite its diminutive size, it is also capable of true one-hand-opening capability via its Trademark Round Hole™.
The stonewash-finished blade is paired with a handle featuring precision machined solid titanium scales. The obverse (near-side) scale has a series of skeletonizing holes, while the reverse-side scale forms the foundation of the knife’s sturdy Reeve Integral Lock (R.I.L.) mechanism. Both scales have a handsome matte finish and are accented by McNees’ signature stippling on the lock recess and the pivot pin screw heads. A polished stainless steel hourglass clip provides right-side, tip-up carry and is backed by a lined lanyard hole for the easy attachment of lanyards and fobs.
- Handle Material: Titanium
- Blade Steel: CTS-XHP
- Blade Grind: Hollow
- Edge Grind: Plain Edge
- Blade Finish: Stonewashed
- Blade Thickness: 0.118″ (3.0mm)
- Blade Length: 1.52″ (39mm)
- Cutting Edge: 1.49″ (38mm)
- Length Closed: 2.33″ (59mm)
- Length Overall: 3.85″ (98mm)
- Overall Weight: 1.7 oz. (48g)
- Lock Mechanism: Frame Lock
- Opening Mechanism: Spydie Hole
- Pocket Clip: 1-Position Hourglass Clip
- Designed by Jonathan McNees
- Made in Taichung, Taiwan