Designed by Argentinean custom knifemaker Javier Vogt, the Tropen is an elegant synthesis of Spyderco’s patented Compression Lock™ mechanism and three different one-hand opening options. Its broad, dramatically curved blade is full-flat ground from CPM® S30V® stainless steel and includes an index-finger flipper, Spyderco’s Trademark Round Hole™, and a stylized Emerson Opening Feature that can be used to automatically open the knife as it is drawn from the pocket. Together, these features support a full scope of opening techniques and are further enhanced by low-friction ball-bearing washers on each side of the blade’s pivot.
The satin-finished blade housed in a stylish handle featuring G-10 scales, a partial G-10 backspacer, and nested skeletonized stainless steel liners. The polished scales are gently radiused for a comfortable grip and their interiors precision machined to house the nested liners, which form the foundation of the knife’s high-strength Compression Lock mechanism. To ensure convenient carry and support the use of the Emerson Opening Feature, the Tropen includes a stainless steel hourglass clip configured for right-side, tip-up carry.
- Handle Material: Smooth Contoured G-10
- Blade Material: CPM-S30V
- Blade Grind: Full-Flat
- Edge Grind: Plain Edge
- Blade Finish: Satin
- Blade Thickness: 0.138″ (3.5mm)
- Blade Length: 4.02″ (102mm)
- Edge Length: 3.95″ (100mm)
- Closed Length: 5.11″ (130mm)
- Overall Length: 9.13″ (232mm)
- Overall Weight: 4.2 oz. (119g)
- Locking Mechanism: Compression Lock
- Opening Mechanism: Flipper Tab, Wave Feature
- Pocket Clip: 1-Position Tip-Up
- Designer: Javier Vogt
- Country of Origin: Taiwan
There are no reviews yet.