The Paysan is an exquisitely crafted folding knife based on the custom creation of renowned knifemaker Peter Rassenti. French for “peasant” or “farmer,” the Paysan (pronounced pie-zaan) is, paradoxically, an incredibly sophisticated design.
Its uniquely shaped, saber-ground blade is crafted from 4mm-thick (.157-inch) CPM® S90V® particle metallurgy stainless steel and features a fully accessible Trademark Round Hole™ for ambidextrous, one-handed opening. The blade pivots on ball-bearing washers for an ultra-smooth action and is housed in a one-piece handle machined from solid titanium—to include its high-strength Reeve Integral Lock (R.I.L.) mechanism.
A stainless steel interface in the lock yields a long service life and also functions as an overtravel stop. To keep the Paysan poised for instant access, it includes an hourglass pocket clip configured for right-side, tip-up carry.
- Handle Material: Titanium
- Integral Design
- Blade Material: CPM-S90V
- Blade Grind: Saber
- Edge Grind: Plain Edge
- Blade Finish: Stonewashed
- Blade Thickness: 0.157″ (4.0mm)
- Blade Length: 3.88″ (99mm)
- Edge Length: 3.70″ (94mm)
- Closed Length: 4.86″ (123mm)
- Overall Length: 8.74″ (222mm)
- Overall Weight: 4.4 oz. (125g)
- Locking Mechanism: Frame Lock
- Opening Mechanism: Spydie Hole
- Designer: Peter Rassenti
- Made in Taichung, Taiwan