The Kapara is based on Australian custom knifemaker Alistair Phillips’ popular “Redback” folder design. Named after an Australian spider with a distinctive red stripe along the back of its abdomen, Spyderco’s Kapara (another name for the same redback spider) faithfully replicates Phillips’ distinctive style and craftsmanship, as well as the signature red backspacer of his custom knife.
Phillips originally created the Kapara as a personal carry knife to help him prepare healthy, vegetable-based meals. Its CPM® S30V® stainless steel blade is full-flat ground for exceptional edge geometry and has a fully accessible Trademark Round Hole™ for convenient one-handed opening with either hand. The gracefully styled handle has full, skeletonized stainless steel liners that provide structural strength and form the basis of the knife’s patented Compression Lock™ mechanism. They are capped by stunning solid carbon fiber scales that are precisely crowned to provide a secure, extremely comfortable grip. An index-finger choil at the base of the blade allows the user to choke up for enhanced control and helps draw attention to machined details on both sides of the blade’s pivot. To keep the Kapara poised for instant access, it includes a reversible deep-pocket wire clip for left or right-side, tip-up carry and a generously sized lanyard hole for the easy attachment of fobs or lanyards.
- Handle Material: Carbon Fiber
- Blade Material: CPM-S30V
- Blade Grind: Full-Flat
- Edge Grind: Plain Edge
- Blade Finish: Satin
- Blade Thickness: 0.118″ (3.0mm)
- Blade Length: 3.58″ (91mm)
- Edge Length: 3.42″ (87mm)
- Closed Length: 4.69″ (119mm)
- Overall Length: 8.27″ (210mm)
- Overall Weight: 3.3 oz. (94g)
- Locking Mechanism: Compression Lock
- Opening Mechanism: Spydie Hole
- Pocket Clip: 2-Way Positionable Tip-Up Wire Clip
- Designed by Alistair Phillips
- Country of Origin: Taiwan
There are no reviews yet.