The ultra-slim Spyderco Ikuchi is a radically different approach to pocketknife form and function. Designed by Paul Alexander, a Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering and a lifelong knife enthusiast, the Ikuchi (pronounced ee-koo-chee and named after a mythical Japanese sea monster) has an elegantly curved handle crafted with full, skeletonized stainless steel liners and stunning carbon fiber/G-10 laminate scales.
In the closed position, the handle’s narrow, open-backed profile completely contains the knife’s blade—except for a small textured section of the tang that serves as a flipper opener. Stroking this section of the blade with an index finger or thumb provides leverage to swiftly pivot it into the open position, where locks securely via Spyderco’s patented Compression Lock® mechanism. The satin-finished CPM® S30V® stainless steel blade is full-flat ground for exceptional edge geometry and cutting performance and has an acute, scalpel-like point for detailed work.
To ensure discreet carry while keeping the Ikuchi instantly accessible, its handle includes a low-profile, deep-pocket wire clip that is reversible for left or right-side tip-up carry.
- Handle Material: Carbon Fiber/ G-10 Laminate
- Blade Material: CTS-S30V
- Blade Grind: Full-Flat
- Edge Grind: Plain Edge
- Blade Finish: Satin
- Blade Thickness: 0.098″ (2.5mm)
- Blade Length: 3.26″ (83mm)
- Cutting Edge: 3.18″ (81mm)
- Closed Length: 4.35″ (110mm)
- Overall Length: 7.61″ (193mm)
- Weight: 2.4 oz. (68g)
- Locking Mechanism: Compression Lock
- Opening Mechanism: Flipper Tab
- Pocket Clip: Tip-Up, Left/Right Carry
- Designed by Paul Alexander
- Made in Taichung, Taiwan