The “Thin Blue Line” is a symbolic reference to the role of law enforcement as the barrier that prevents society from descending into violent chaos. To honor the service and sacrifice of our nation’s police officers, Spyderco created the “Thin Blue Line” series, which showcases this unique Endela Lightweight.
The tough, fiberglass-reinforced-nylon (FRN) handle scales of this knife are injection molded in black accented by a bright blue lining. When assembled with a matching blue FRN backspacer it creates a compelling visual metaphor for the “thin blue line.”
Unlike the standard expression of this model, the VG-10 stainless steel blade combines the low-friction edge geometry of a full-flat grind with the extreme cutting power of Spyderco serrations. It is also laser engraved with the motto “To Serve and Protect” to honor the service and sacrifice of law enforcement professionals.
A portion of all sales of these knives will be donated to the Tunnel to Towers Foundation, which honors firefighter Stephen Siller’s sacrifice of laying down his life to save others on September 11, 2001. Tunnel to Towers operates multiple charitable programs that support first responders and military personnel who have made the supreme sacrifice of life and limb for our country.
- Handle Material: Black FRN (Fiberglass Reinforced Nylon)
- Backspacer Material: Blue FRN (Fiberglass Reinforced Nylon)
- Blade Material: VG-10
- Blade Grind: Full-Flat
- Edge Grind: ComboEdge – Partially Serrated
- Blade Finish: Satin
- Blade Thickness: 0.118″ (3.0mm)
- Blade Length: 3.41″ (87mm)
- Edge Length: 2.99″ (76mm)
- Closed Length: 4.69″ (119mm)
- Overall Length: 8.10″ (206mm)
- Overall Weight: 3.2 oz. (91g)
- Locking Mechanism: Back Lock
- Opening Mechanism: Spydie Hole
- Pocket Clip: 4-Way Positionable Hourglass Clip
- Designed by Sal Glesser
- Country of Origin: Japan