Originally released in 1994, the Dragonfly was one of Spyderco’s original lightweight knives and helped to introduce the use of injection-molded fiberglass-reinforced-nylon (FRN) handles.
We’ve always taken great pride in our efforts to push the envelope of performance by offering exotic blade steels in our knives. With that spirit in mind, we are proud to offer the Dragonfly 2 Lightweight with a blade crafted from K390.
Manufactured by Böhler-Uddeholm, K390 MICROCLEAN® is a state-of-the-art cold work tool steel produced by the particle metallurgy process. Its advanced alloy mix was specifically developed to provide the extreme wear resistance and high compressive strength needed in industrial cutting, blanking, and punching operations. Despite its toughness, its exceptionally fine, homogeneous microstructure also makes it readily machinable and easy to heat treat.
Collectively, these qualities make K390 an outstanding blade material for true steel connoisseurs.
- Handle Material: Blue FRN ( Fiberglass Reinforced Nylon)
- Blade Steel: Bohler K390
- Blade Grind: Full-Flat
- Edge Grind: Plain Edge
- Blade Finish: Satin
- Blade Thickness: .093″ (2.5mm)
- Blade Length: 2.29″ (58mm)
- Cutting Edge: 1.88″ (48mm)
- Length Closed: 3.33″ (85mm)
- Length Overall: 5.62″ (143mm)
- Overall Weight: 1.2 oz. (34g)
- Lock Mechanism: Back Lock
- Opening Mechanism: Spydie Hole
- Pocket Clip: 2-Position Tip-Up Wire Clip
- Designed by Sal Glesser
- Made in Seki-City, Japan