Originally released in 1994, the Dragonfly helped pioneer the use of an index-finger “choil” that allows a small knife to provide hand-filling big-knife performance. Also known as a “50/50 choil,” it provides a safe, solid purchase for the index finger and positions the hand further forward on the knife for superior leverage and control. The Dragonfly was also one of Spyderco’s original lightweight knives and helped to introduce the use of injection-molded fiberglass-reinforced-nylon (FRN) handles.
The current version of the lightweight Dragonfly, the Dragonfly 2, has evolved to include a reversible deep-pocket wire clip that provides ambidextrous tip-up carry. It features a versatile leaf-shaped blade ground from VG-10 stainless steel and a sturdy back lock mechanism that locks the blade securely in the open position.
The latest version of this popular knife boasts a bright orange FRN handle that makes the knife easy to find and hard to lose, even in low-visibility conditions.
- Handle Material: Orange FRN
- Blade Steel: VG-10
- Blade Grind: Full-Flat
- Edge Grind: Plain Edge
- Blade Finish: Satin
- Blade Thickness: .093 ” (2.5mm)
- Blade Length: 2.25 ” (57mm)
- Cutting Edge: 1.875 ” (48mm)
- Closed Length: 3.33″ (85mm)
- Overall Length: 5.36″ (143mm)
- Overall Weight: 1.2 oz. (34g)
- Lock Mechanism: Back Lock
- Opening Mechanism: Spydie Hole
- Pocket Clip: 2-Way Positionable Tip-Up Wire Clip
- Designed by Sal Glesser
- Made in Seki-City, Japan