This breathtaking Sprint Run expression of the iconic Military™ Model proudly features CPM® REX® 45 blade steel and textured G-10 scales in the signature burnt orange color of Spyderco’s elite REX 45 family of knives.
Crucible® CPM REX 45 is a super-high-speed particle metallurgy tool steel enriched with large volumes of cobalt, tungsten, molybdenum, and vanadium. Its high cobalt content increases the steel’s attainable hardness, while its vanadium carbides provide high wear resistance, fine grain size, and increased toughness. In a knife blade, these qualities translate to an exceptionally sharp, long-wearing edge. REX 45 is, however, a true tool steel, so it must be maintained properly to avoid corrosion.
REX 45’s alloy composition is equivalent to Hatachi’s HAP40—a favorite among Spyderco steel enthusiasts. The handle scales of this remarkable expression of the Military Model therefore feature the same burnt orange handle color as our highly coveted Japanese-made HAP40 Sprint Runs. All other features of this knife are consistent with the time-tested Military design, including its LinerLock mechanism and right-side, tip-down carry clip.
- Handle Material: Burnt Orange G-10
- Blade Material: CPM REX 45
- Blade Grind: Full-Flat
- Blade Thickness: .145″ (3.7mm)
- Blade Length: 4.06″ (103mm)
- Edge Length: 3.70″ (94mm)
- Closed Length: 5.52″ (140mm)
- Overall Length: 9.58″ (243mm)
- Overall Weight: 4.3 oz. (122g)
- Locking Mechanism: Liner Lock
- Opening Mechanism: Spydie Hole
- Pocket Clip: One Position Tip-Down
- Designer: Sal Glesser
- Made in Golden, Colorado USA