Spyderco has long been an industry leader in the use of exotic, high-performance blade steels. After years of using the best materials the world’s leading steel manufacturers could provide, we decided it was time to create our own. In close cooperation with Crucible® Industries, we have developed CPM SPY27—a particle metallurgy stainless steel containing a proprietary mix of alloys, including vanadium, molybdenum, niobium, nitrogen, and cobalt.
This remarkable composition, enhanced by the amplifying effects of cobalt and the state-of-the-art Crucible Particle Metallurgy process, is produced exclusively for Spyderco and will be featured in select USA-made models. Every knife made with this steel will also have a distinctive cobalt-blue handle color that highlights its elite pedigree.
This Native 5 Lightweight showcases our exclusive CPM SPY27 blade steel in a signature cobalt-blue fiberglass-reinforced-nylon (FRN) handle. All other features are consistent with the Native 5 Lightweight model.
- Handle Material: Cobalt Blue FRN (Fiberglass Reinforced Nylon)
- Blade Material: CPM SPY27
- Blade Grind: Full-Flat
- Edge Grind: Plain Edge
- Blade Finish: Satin
- Blade Thickness: 0.125″ (3.2mm)
- Blade Length: 2.95″ (75mm)
- Edge Length: 2.42″ (61mm)
- Closed Length: 4.00″ (102mm)
- Overall Length: 6.95″ (177mm)
- Overall Weight: 2.5 oz. (71g)
- Locking Mechanism: Back Lock
- Opening Mechanism: Spydie Hole
- Pocket Clip: 4-Way Positionable Hourglass Clip
- Designed by Sal Glesser
- Made in Golden, CO USA