Spyderco’s black-bladed Native Lightweight has long been the go-to cutting tool for savvy tactical knife users. The fifth-generation Native 5 version of this design raises the bar even further, combining an ultra-lightweight fiberglass-reinforced-nylon (FRN) handle, a low-profile black finish, and an aggressive SpyderEdge cutting edge with the advanced engineering of the Native 5 platform.
This knife’s full-flat-ground blade is machined from CPM® S30V powder metallurgy stainless steel and has a durable, non-reflective Diamond-Like Carbon (DLC) coating. Its SpyderEdge cutting edge provides extreme cutting power, especially on fibrous materials. It also includes an index-finger choil for a forward-positioned grip that allows enhanced control during detailed cutting tasks. A highly evolved back lock mechanism—one of the defining features of the Native 5 design—locks the blade securely in the open position and, along with the blade’s Trademark Round Hole™, allows ambidextrous one-handed opening and closing of the knife.
The linerless injection-molded FRN handle features a deep Bi-Directional Texturing™ pattern for maximum grip security and includes four sets of threaded stainless steel inserts to mount the reinforced hourglass clip for tip-up or tip-down carry on either side of the knife. Like the blade, this knife’s clip, clip screws, and all other metal hardware are also black coated, making it an ideal cutting tool for environments where light discipline is a concern.
- Handle Material: Black FRN (Fiberglass Reinforced Nylon)
- Blade Material: CPM-S30V
- Blade Grind: Full-Flat
- Edge Grind: SpyderEdge – Serrated
- Blade Finish: DLC (Diamond Like Coating)
- Blade Thickness: 0.121″ (3.1mm)
- Blade Length: 3.10″ (79mm)
- Edge Length: 2.57″ (65mm)
- Closed Length: 3.97″ (101mm)
- Overall Length: 7.07″ (180mm)
- Overall Weight: 2.7 oz. (77g)
- Locking Mechanism: Back Lock
- Opening Mechanism: Spydie Hole
- Pocket Clip: 4-Position Hourglass Clip
- Designed by Sal Glesser
- Made in Golden, CO USA