The Spyderco Meerkat is a diminutive, yet extremely capable folding knife with a secret—its unusual Phantom Lock™ mechanism. Completely hidden within the Meerkat’s handle, this novel mechanism locks the blade securely open when in use. To close the blade, simply pivot the handle scales in opposite directions to release the lock.
To make this limited-edition Sprint Run™ expression of the Meerkat even more unique, it features a three-layer laminated blade with a V-Toku2 tool steel core flanked by SUS410 stainless steel outer layers. A Japanese steel made with Swedish iron ore, V-Toku2’s advanced alloy composition is enriched with tungsten, vanadium, and chromium and is renowned for its extreme toughness at high hardness. Like all Spyderco’s Sprint Run models featuring this elite blade material, this knife showcases fiberglass-reinforced-nylon (FRN) handle scales injection molded in the signature blue-gray color of this elite series.
A remarkable combination of unique lock technology and an ultra-high-performance blade steel, the Meerkat V-Toku2 includes a reversible wire clip that supports ambidextrous tip-down carry.
- Handle Material: Blue-Gray FRN (Fiberglass Reinforced Nylon)
- Blade Material: V-Toku2/ SUS410 Laminate
- Blade Grind: Full-Flat
- Edge Grind: Plain Edge
- Blade Finish: Satin
- Blade Thickness: 0.096″ (2.4mm)
- Blade Length: 2.01″ (51mm)
- Edge Length: 1.68″ (43mm)
- Closed Length: 3.38″ (86mm)
- Overall Length: 5.32″ (135mm)
- Overall Weight: 2.4 oz. (68g)
- Opening Mechanism: Spydie Hole
- Locking Mechanism: Phantom Lock
- Pocket Clip: 1-Position Tip-Down Wire Clip
- Designed by Sal Glesser
- Country of Origin: Japan
There are no reviews yet.