Why change something if it works? Because, at Spyderco, we practice the principle of C.Q.I. – Constant Quality Improvement. If we can refine and improve the ergonomics or cutting performance of an established model, we do it.
The 2010 Para Military 2 has several changes over the classic version. The G-10 handle is narrowed at the end improving the ergonomics. The handle and blade have been profile thinner; removing uncomfortable angles when in the closed position. It features a Compression Lock and an ambidextrous-friendly four way clip which carries tip-up/tip-down, left/right-hand and rests deeper in a pocket. We kept the same high-performance CPM S45VN full flat-ground blade but we’ve also lengthened the blade’s tip and added additional surface jimping to both the spine and finger choil. Implementation of a new Bushing Pivot System generates fluid action and more consistent manufacturing tolerances. Larger lanyard gives more options for carry.
Refinements to overall construction may not be drastic or even visible to the eye but from the G-10 textured handle to the CPM S45VN steel full flat blade, everything is sharper, smoother and guaranteed to provide performance and user comfort.
- Handle Material: Black G-10
- Blade Material: CPM-S45VN
- Blade Grind: Full-Flat
- Edge Grind: Plain Edge
- Blade Thickness: 0.145″ (3.70mm)
- Blade Length: 3.42″ (87mm)
- Edge Length: 3.04″ (77mm)
- Closed Length: 4.82″ (122mm)
- Overall Length: 8.24″ (209mm)
- Overall Weight: 3.9 oz. (111g)
- Lock Mechanism: Compression Lock
- Opening Mechanism: Spydie Hole
- Pocket Clip: 4-Postion Hourglass Clip
- Designed by Sal Glesser and Eric Glesser
- Made in Golden, Colorado U.S.A.