This distinctive expression of the Para Military 2 combines all the proven qualities of the best-selling standard version of this model with Carpenter® steel’s state-of-the-art Micro-Melt® Maxamet® blade steel.
Maxamet is an extremely hard high-speed powdered tool steel developed specifically for use in the rollers in Carpenter’s steel mills. It possesses properties that transcend conventional high-speed tool steels and approach those of cemented carbides—the ultra-hard materials used to machine other steels. Spyderco is one of only a handful of companies to master the specialized methods necessary to machine, heat treat, and grind this demanding material to yield reliable, high-performance knife blades. We are now proud to offer it in selected models made in our U.S. factory in Golden, Colorado.
This knife’s full-flat-ground PlainEdge™ blade takes full advantage of Maxamet’s qualities, offering an unparalleled combination of strength, low-friction cutting performance, edge retention, and point utility. It is housed in a handle featuring dark gray textured G-10 scales and nested stainless steel liners that form the foundation of its high-strength Compression Lock™ mechanism. A versatile four-position pocket clip and generously sized lined lanyard hole complete the package and support all possible carry preferences.
- Handle Material: Dark Gray G-10
- Blade Material: Maxamet
- Blade Grind: Full-Flat
- Edge Grind: Plain Edge
- Blade Finish: Stonewashed
- Blade Thickness: 0.145″ (3.70mm)
- Blade Length: 3.47″ (88mm)
- Edge Length: 3.04″ (77mm)
- Closed Length: 4.82″ (122mm)
- Overall Length: 8.29″ (211mm)
- Overall Weight: 3.8 oz. (108g)
- Lock Mechanism: Compression Lock
- Opening Mechanism: Spydie Hole
- Pocket Clip: 4-Position Hourglass Clip
- Designed by Sal Glesser and Eric Glesser
- Made in Golden, Colorado U.S.A.