Jim Ankerson is a passionate student of metallurgy and its relationship to knife design and performance. Drawing from his hard-earned practical knowledge and years of knife-testing experience, he teamed up with custom knifemaker Darrin Sanders to design a capable, all-purpose knife that is ready for anything.
The Province’s clip-point, Bowie-style blade is machined from CPM® 4V, a particle metallurgy tool steel enriched with vanadium and molybdenum for high-caliber strength, edge retention, and toughness. Its high saber grind balances strength and edge geometry, while it full-tang handle and contoured G-10 scales safeguard a secure, hand-filling grip.
Ideally suited for survival, camping, and other demanding applications, the Province comes complete with a handcrafted leather sheath.
- Handle Material: Black G-10
- Blade Material: CPM 4V
- Blade Grind: Saber Grind
- Edge Grind: Plain Edge
- Blade Finish: Satin
- Blade Thickness: 0.154″ (3.9mm)
- Blade Length: 6.79″ (172mm)
- Edge Length: 6.75″ (171mm)
- Overall Length: 12.33″ (313mm)
- Overall Weight: 12.0 oz. (340g)
- Fixed Blade
- Sheath: Leather
- Designed by Jim Ankerson and Darrin Sanders
- Country of Origin: Taiwan