Ladybugs have been on Spyderco’s best-selling list for years. They are clip-less, designed for carrying on a keychain or with a thong or lanyard threaded through a hole at the handle’s end.
ZDP-189 is Japanese-manufactured stainless blade steel that has recently gained acclaim in the knife industry as one of the hardest, highest performing blade steels available on the market today.
Using powdered metallurgy technology, 3% of ZDP-189’s structure is made of pure carbon, making the steel harder and enhancing edge retention capacity. ZDP-189 is categorized as an exotic, high-performance blade steel which Spyderco offers as an option on several best-selling lightweight everyday-carry folders including the Ladybug3.
The handle is British Racing Green FRN (fiberglass reinforced nylon), molded with Bi-Directional Texturing® for slip-resistance while cutting. The PlainEdge blade is flat-ground from the spine to the cutting edge, offering abundant cutting power in a small folder.
- Handle Material: British Racing Green FRN (Fiberglass Reinforced Nylon)
- Blade Material: ZDP-189
- Blade Grind: Full-Flat
- Edge Grind: Plain Edge
- Blade Finish: Satin
- Blade Length: 1.94″ (49 mm)
- Cutting Edge: 1.69″ (43 mm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.08″ (2 mm)
- Closed Length: 2.44″ (62 mm)
- Overall Length: 4.38″ (111 mm)
- Overall Weight: 0.6 oz. (18 g)
- Locking Mechanism: Back Lock
- Opening Mechanism: Spydie Hole
- Designed by Sal Glesser
- Made in Seki-City, Japan