Originally intended as a slightly larger, more masculine version of Spyderco’s best-selling Ladybug™, the pint-sized Manbug™ has earned its own dedicated following among savvy pocketknife aficionados. Its popularity has also spawned several variations, including the Manbug Salt, which is specifically designed for use in and around the water.
The blunt-tipped sheepfoot blade of this knife is crafted from H-1® steeI, an advanced nitrogen-based alloy that is completely immune to corrosion. Its fully serrated SpyderEdge™ offers extreme cutting power for its size—especially on fibrous materials like rope and netting. The blade’s Trademark Round Hole™ unmistakably identifies it as a Spyderco product and allows easy, fingernail-free opening.
To ensure a secure grip even with wet hands, the Manbug Salt’s injection-molded fiberglass-reinforced-nylon handle features a high-traction Bi-Directional Texturing™ pattern. It is also molded in a brilliant yellow color for high visibility and houses a sturdy back lock mechanism that locks the blade securely open when in use. An oversized lanyard hole also allows easy attachment of lanyards and safety lines.
Capable of performance far beyond its compact size, the Manbug Salt is the perfect pocket-sized cutting tool for fisherman, sailors, and anyone else for whom a rusty blade is not an option.
- Handle Material: Yellow FRN (Fiberglass Reinforced Co-Polymer)
- Blade Material: H-1 Rustproof
- Blade Grind: Hollow
- Edge Grind: SpyderEdge – Serrated
- Blade Finish: Satin
- Blade Thickness: 0.098″ (2.5mm)
- Blade Length: 1.90″ (48mm)
- Edge Length: 1.71″ (43mm)
- Closed Length: 2.50″ (64mm)
- Overall Length: 4.40″ (112mm)
- Overall Weight: 0.8 oz. (23g)
- Locking Mechanism: Back Lock
- Opening Mechanism: Spydie Hole
- Designer: Sal Glesser
- Country of Origin: Japan